Tapered Insulation Estimator - Hybrid work
We are looking for a confident and motivated Tapered Insulation Estimator who enjoys the challenge of building our reputation for our GTA location.
Reporting to the Senior Tapered Estimator / Project Manager – Toronto Region, the tapered insulation estimator will be responsible for the estimating of tapered projects, and also assist with any other related duties.
- Manage and prioritize all requests for pricing received from the clients or projects found on various construction websites.
- Make sure to acquire all required information (plans, specs and addenda) necessary for each project and verify that all information is current.
- Analyze the plans, specs and addenda, verify that all the information is clear and communicate with either the client, the representative or the professional to receive clarification if required.
- Follow-up with clients once quotes have been submitted
- Make sure that the information is properly relayed between the sales, production and tapered departments.
- Required on occasion to assist with job site duties such as site dimensions, contractor support, etc.
EDUCATION (one or more of the following)
- Construction, civil or architectural technician/technologist
- 2-5 years’ experience in project estimating
- 2-5 years’ experience in roofing industry
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Must be a self-motivator
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in which priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to easily visualize the 3-dimensional concept of plans and details
- Able to communicate (read, write, speak) in English
- Ability to climb ladders or staging to access roof tops
Valid drivers’ license and vehicle
What we offer
Competitive salary - we take great pride in offering our workforce the best benefits and compensation packages in our industry, and we think you will too.
Healthcare – we offer multiple options and Convoy picks up a generous amount for single, couple or family coverage
Insurance benefits and employee assistance program
Benefits plan that includes dental, health, group RSP, vacation, and more
Time Off – Everyone needs time away from work to recharge and be with family and friends - receive a generous amount of paid holidays
Referral Bonus Program
Paid training/tuition reimbursement – Ready to further your education?
Open door policy in a supportive and encouraging work environment
Overtime available in peak periods
Founded in 1972, is a leading wholesale distributor of construction materials with over 40 locations across North America. Our company prides itself on being the most responsive, problem solving and fun place for our customers to conduct business.