Mitrex, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for a senior architectural designer with AutoCAD experience to design facades and architectural cladding systems for high-rise building structures. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
At Mitrex, we develop and manufacture solar construction materials for buildings and large structures (Mitrex.com). As the world's first manufacturer to develop customizable solar solutions, we are revolutionizing the construction industry, while helping to move the world toward clean, sustainable energy production.
We are an equal opportunity employer with great company culture. The successful candidate will join our design team in Etobicoke, ON.
Please attach your portfolio in a PDF format or a link to your portfolio in your application.
- Completed university/college degree in Architecture
- Working knowledge and experience in façade design and engineering for architectural building systems is required
- Strong hands-on experience with 2D/3D AutoCAD and Revit software is required
- Experience with multi-residential/commercial buildings is an asset
- Must be familiar with Ontario building codes
- Experience with Rhino 3D, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign Software is an asset
- Prepare construction drawings of varying complexity on high-rise residential, commercial and institutional projects
- Prepare shop drawings and shop tickets of facades for the production line
- Communicate with clients, project managers, and installation teams
- Preparation of the BOM and materials
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hourly wage of $25+/hour depending on experience, plus an annual bonus based on performance
- Extended medical and health coverage (including vision, dental, and life)
- Wellness program including free healthy foods, medicinal provisions, and discounted gym and fitness class memberships
- Competitive RRSP Matching for tenured employees
- Free charging and reserved parking for electric vehicles
- Collaborative and diverse culture, open concept modern office space
- Unlimited room for advancement and growth
- Backed by 20 years of experience through our parent company, GCAT Group
- Full-time and permanent position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.
Mitrex Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada (without employer sponsorship) and can commute to the office every day are welcome to apply.
Please attach your portfolio in a PDF format or a link to your portfolio. Applicants without portfolios will not be considered.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our company. However, due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls (except for accommodation requests) or unsolicited agency calls, please.